Search

2015-01-05

Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind Manga Box - Amazon Sale!


Good news, everyone! Amazon is selling the Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind box set for $41.59. Viz Media released this two-volume box in 2012, and it remains, to my mind, Hayao Miyazaki's magnum opus. This is also my favorite graphic novel ever, even moreso than Art Spiegelman's "Maus,"  Scott McCloud's "Understanding Comics," and the hardcover "Peanuts" anthology. This is a literary and comics masterpiece.

Previously, Viz released the Nausicaa graphic novel in the complete seven volume set, with each book sold separately ($70 in total). Before that, Nausicaa was originally presented in four books, and in the "Western" style of translated sound effects and left-to-right panels. All later releases follow the (now) more common "Japanese manga" style, untouched Katakana, panels read right-to-left.

Personally, I'll recommend owning all versions. I believe that I mailed out my four-book set to someone years ago, and my seven-volume set has become lost.  I can't remember for the life of me what happened to it.  So that makes this giant box set more attractive to me.

Hurry up and grab a copy from Amazon before the sale ends!

3 comments:

Turtle said...

Still debating it. I have Korean version, Japanese version, Viz seven volumes in original format, 4 perfect edition volumes, 7 flipped volumes and all individual Viz issues.

Unknown said...

I can highly recommend it, it's a gorgeous collection, full of footnotes, and the full A4 pages are magnificently detailed.

Blue Samurai said...

This is on my wish list for sure!

More Ghibli Blog Posts To Discover