Search

2010-08-25

Posters: Tokyo Godfathers

Posters: Tokyo Godfathers

Posters: Tokyo Godfathers

Posters: Tokyo Godfathers

Here are a look at movie posters for Satoshi Kon's 2004 movie, Tokyo Godfathers.  I recognize the American version because it appears on the DVD (which I hope is still available).  The Japanese poster is very impressive, as usual.  If Japanese cinema can do anything, it's make fantastic movie posters.  The third poster is new to me.  I'm not sure where it comes from, but I do like it.  It's just slightly abstract, focusing on the orphaned baby who is the MacGuffin for the story.

I think this would be a good time to track down Kon's movies and watch them again.  It's so tragic that his career was cut so short.

1 comment:

asuka said...

i like the composition of the japanese poster, but miyuki looks a little cute.

More Ghibli Blog Posts To Discover