Search

2008-03-30

Heidi Episodes to Come...I Think...

I've been trying my hand at DailyMotion, and I've found quite a number of Takahata and Miyazaki anime that isn't available on YouTube. Problem is, the site is far more difficult to manage; posting and embedding videos on the blog is a real pain. YouTube is so amazingly easy to use - why can't others learn from their success?

In any case, I'm working on getting some episodes of Heidi up and running. At least the first episode, which was a genuine milestone for Takahata and Miyazaki. Heidi is, in so many ways, the archetype for Studio Ghibli, and it's pretty much impossible to imagine one without the other. And since we Americans are literally the last ones on Earth to know about this, I think it's high time we caught up to the rest of the world.

It's interesting to note that the entire Heidi series is posted on YouTube, but this is a Spanish-language dub for Mexico. There are also some Heidi clips in other languages throughout Europe. But little to nothing in the original Japanese. Weird. I'll have to get to work on uploading episodes...now if I can only remember what programs I used to rip and edit from my DVDs...hmmm....

UPDATE: Okay, duh. I'm an idiot. There is an embed code directly on the DailyMotion pages, just like YouTube. This is great news, folks. This means we're going to be watching a whole lot more anime, including some really great surprises. I have to head out to the gym and cook my leg in the hot tub; after that, we'll get to work on Heidi.

No comments:

More Ghibli Blog Posts To Discover